This Article You will Get Below Questions Answer
- How are bamboo wind chimes different from metal chimes?
- How do wooden wind chimes sound?
- Where can you place them?
- Where can you buy bamboo wind chimes?
- How do you maintain your chimes?
- How do you make your own bamboo chimes?
Think about getting a bamboo wind chime for your garden if you want to add an elegant finishing touch.
Bamboo wind chimes benefits
- The bamboo wind chimes are not as loud as metal wind chimes, so if they are placed outside, they won’t disturb you or your neighbors.
- In contrast to the yang-energizing sound of metal wind chimes, the sound of wooden wind chimes is more yin and serene.
- You can relax, unwind, calm down, and fall asleep faster with bamboo wind chimes’ calming, peaceful, soothing sound
- sound. The chimes look natural in the garden.
- Chimes are made of natural and eco-friendly bamboo wood that is a 100% renewable resource
- and can be used for decoration and mood setting indoors or outdoors
- outdoors, making them ideal for meditation and yoga spaces
- such as Zen gardens
- gardens. These are also great gifts for gardeners and people interested in spiritual practices.
Bamboo wind chimes sound
The bamboo reeds make soft, muted, hollow, clacking sounds when they hit each other. I would describe their sound as subtle and soothing.
In a light breeze, they do not sound as loud as metal wind chimes, but they do sound different.
Watch this YouTube video made by ASMR to hear the sound of bamboo wind chimes and see them “in action.”
Where do you hang bamboo wind chimes?
You can place your chimes outdoors or indoors.
Place them in a room where you meditate or practice yoga. Your bamboo wind chimes would also look great in a sun room or an infant’s room.
If bamboo wind chimes are placed away from strong winds, direct sunlight, and rain, they will last longer.
Bamboo wind chimes Feng Shui
Classical Feng Shui bagua connects the wood element of your house to the East (family) and the South East (prosperity), so hanging bamboo wind chimes in these areas of your house will enhance family and money luck.
Bamboo chimes should be placed in the South area of your home to strengthen the element of fire (fame), since wood gives birth to fire according to Wu Xing (Chinese theory of 5 elements).
Where to buy bamboo wind chimes?
Bamboo wind chimes can be found at Amazon, Overstock, Wayfair, Woodstock Chimes, Home Depot, and Lowes. (Click on the links above to see which wooden chimes each store carries).
Amazon and Wayfair offer the most options among online stores.
Wind chimes from Wayfair are very unique and highly decorativeTake a look!t!
Best bamboo wind chimes on Amazon
1) Simple, natural look
Classic, simple, natural, yet the most popular style.
2) bamboo wind chimes with wood burned design
An open flame is used to burn the design onto the chime, which is then topped with a coconut shell.
3) bamboo wind chimes/birdhouse
Perfect for gardeners and birdwatchers, these wind chimes are combined with bird house.
How to care for bamboo wind chimes
Almost all bamboo wind chimes are protected with a coat or a few coats of varnish, but they will wear off over time.
Hang bamboo wind chimes in an area that is protected from direct sunlight to enjoy them for years to come. It is also a good idea to keep wind chimes in a sheltered place during extreme weather or windstorms.
Once a year, clean bamboo wind chimes with a damp cloth and apply non toxic mineral oil or wood sealer.
Here you can purchase swivel hook clips for hanging wind chimes and spinners if your chimes hook breaks or is worn out.
DIY bamboo wind chimes
If you grow bamboo in your backyard (a big mistake in my opinion, because the bamboo will not only take over your yard but will also spread to your neighbors), you can make your own wind chimes.
You can make bamboo wind chimes by following the steps in this guide.
Final thoughts on wooden chimes
I hope you were able to pick your favorite bamboo wind chimes to add serenity and at the same time cool vibe to your space.
Enjoy your relaxing and peaceful garden!💐